Weekend Project: Stained Side Table

I found this side table while thrifting and knew right away that I had to take it home with me. It had great line, was made of solid wood and had this neat garage style sliding door feature that made it unique! All it needed was a dark stain job and some interesting paper on the inside to hide scratches and it would look like a gem!



I started by giving the side table a quick cleaning to get all the dirt off then began my hours of sanding, (and yes, I mean HOURS of sanding!) Once all the old finish had been sanded off it was time to stain. I used Minwax Wood Finish in an nice dark ebony colour. The Minwax stain is a pretty good choice because it stains and seals the wood, so you don't have to worry about going back and sealing the whole piece.






Once I stained the whole piece and I sprayed the inside of the piece with Restoleum flat black spray paint and covered it with a grey peel and stick cabinet draw protector. I just cut the paper to size, peeled the wax paper back gradually while sticking it down to the bottom of each drawer.



This was a great weekend project and besides the labour intensive sanding it was relatively easy. It now has a home at my brother's place as his night table.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...